Pupil Premium & Catch-up Premium
Students eligible to receive this funding are in four groups:
- students entitled to free school meals (FSM),
- students that have been entitled to FSM during the last six years (Ever6),
- children in care or looked after (CLA)
- services children.
The Government believes that the pupil premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between disadvantaged children and their wealthier / more advantaged peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
Link to Great Baddow High School Pupil Premium Reports (Please note updated reports are being prepared - Easter 2018)
A catch-up premium for students leaving primary without reaching level 4 in English and/or mathematics was provided to schools in addition to the Pupil Premium. This funding enabled secondary schools to provide catch-up classes to narrow the gap between struggling Year 7 students and their peers.
Our records show that the intervention programmes have been successful and that we are closing the gap between students in this cohort and others in the school in the following areas: attendance, punctuality, behaviour incidents, exclusions, attainment and achievement.
How To Register For Free School Meals Entitlement
You can apply for Free School Meals if you are entitled to receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support.
- Job Seekers Allowance – Income Based.
- Employment and Support Allowance – Income Related.
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
To apply for Free School Meals, simply click here and complete the simple online form. Please note that you will need your National Insurance Number available when completing the form.