Transport to School
Important Notice: Stephenson’s Bus Company
School Buses will run from 2nd September 2020.
- Bus passes should be purchased directly from Stephenson’s in advance.
- 602 to run as normal (Witham/Hatfield Peverel/Little Baddow/Danbury/GBHS) Starting in Witham at 7.45 am
- 605 to run as normal (Hatfield Peverel/Chelmer Village/GBHS)
- (Years 7 &8) Starting in Hatfield Peverel at 7.40 am
- 603 will become the 605A and replicate the route of the 605 (Years 9,10,11,6th Form). Picking up from existing stops 10 minutes later than the 605. Starting out at Hatfield Peverel at 7.50am
- Timings will be confirmed by Stephenson’s upon the purchase of bus passes.
- Government Guidance recommends facemasks should be worn.
- Facemask Guidance:
- Year groups to be separated where possible where possible
- (upstairs/downstairs/front/back of the bus.
- Students should where possible distance – seats facing each other will be removed.
- Windows will be open where possible
- Students will need to bring own sanitiser to cleanse prior to and when alighting from the bus.
School Bus Passes
Administration and the purchase of school bus passes is undertaken by Stephensons of Essex who have successfully serviced Great Baddow High School for a number of years.
Bus fees can be paid in advance yearly (by card payment) or by direct debit over eight months, September to April.
Code of Conduct
Stephensons want the journey to and from Great Baddow High School to be as safe and possible and a code of conduct has been produced for your information.
A number of buses arrive in the vicinity of Great Baddow High School.
Information from Essex County Council
First Bus Group Student Travel Scheme
The school has joined the First Bus Group ‘Student Travel Scheme’. The scheme enables students to take advantage of discounted student travel. We have been advised by First that the tickets are now available to purchase via their Student Travel Club (STC) website. A dedicated web page www.firstgroup.com/STC has been set up which will provide details of how a parent can register to the Great Baddow High School STC. The webpage also provides information on how to download the First Bus App and create an mTicket account.
You will need your child’s school email address: @gbhs.co.uk for the verification process. Once purchased, the tickets will be delivered directly to your child’s mobile phone.
If you have any specific enquiries regarding the scheme, please e-mail First Essex Buses at:
First’s Travel Shop staff are also available to assist, please see the contacts below:
Colchester Travel Shop:
Chelmsford Travel Shop:
|Travel Shop Opening Hours: Day Opening Times|
|Monday to Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 13:00|