Equalities & Accessibility
The Great Baddow High School Equality Duty demonstrates our aim to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation through equality of opportunity and by fostering good relations between those who share a protected characteristic (e.g. disability, race, religion, belief, gender assignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity) and those who do not.
The principles of the Equality Duty policy are:
- All learners are of equal value.
- We recognise and respect diversity.
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
- Policies and procedures should benefit all employees and potential employees, for example in recruitment and promotion, and in continuing professional development.
- We intend that our policies and activities should benefit society as a whole, both locally and nationally, by fostering greater social cohesion, and greater participation in public life.