Equalities & Additional Intervention
The Great Baddow High School Equality Duty demonstrates our aim to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation through equality of opportunity and by fostering good relations between those who share a protected characteristic (e.g. disability, race, religion, belief, gender assignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity) and those who do not.
The principles of the Equality Duty policy are:
- All learners are of equal value.
- We recognise and respect diversity.
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
- Policies and procedures should benefit all employees and potential employees, for example in recruitment and promotion, and in continuing professional development.
- We intend that our policies and activities should benefit society as a whole, both locally and nationally, by fostering greater social cohesion, and greater participation in public life.